Hi every one:
Today am trying to share Greatness of "Guntur (Bhoolaka Swargam)" . Guntur as the name says it has 'GUN' in its.
- Guntur is well known for its Diamonds --Kohinoor found near Kollur village in Guntur District.
- Guntur is a beautiful place for Agriculture -- internationally known for its exports of chillies, cotton, and tobacco
- Guntur is a place for Cultural richness and Unity.
- Guntur is a place for Heritage and Culture.
- Guntur is known for its Beauty
- Guntur is well known for its Educational Hubs.
- Guntrur is known for its political awareness.
- Guntur is also known for its Palnati Yuddham (pourashala Puriti Gadda)
- Guntur is a mother of Telugu Cinema Industry.
Coming to History :
There are several opinions with regard to the meaning and origin of the word Guntur. The word Guntur owes it's origin to words like Gundu( a rock), Gunta (a pond) and Kunta (1/3 of an acre). We are well aware that in Sanskrit Guntur is being called as Garthapuri (Guntlapuri).
Since the beginning of Buddhist epoch, Guntur was standing foremost in matters of education. Buddhists established universities in ancient times at Dhanyakataka(Khajana for Kakatiya Kings-Amaravathi) and Nagarjunakonda. At present with many educational institutions Guntur leads other Andhra Districts in matters of education.
During the period of Nizam rule, French occupied Guntur in 1750. Guntur was brought under control of English East India Company by 1788 AD.
- 2.0 To 0.8 Mill Years (Last Treta Yuga)
- 0.8 Mill years To 3102BC (Last Dwapara Yuga, Ref)
Until 1600AD :
- 500 BCE – The Kingdom of Prati Palaputra (currently Bhattiprolu), appears to be the earliest known kingdom in Guntur District.
- 230BCE – Inscriptional evidence shows that king Kubera was ruling over Bhattiprolu, followed by the Sala Kings
- 200 BCE – The philosopher Acharya Nagarjuna lived in this area.
- Till & 900AD – Guntur region was successively ruled by dynasties such as the Satavahanas, Andhra-Ikshvakus, Pallavas, Ananda Gotrikas, Vishnukundina, Kota Vamsa, Chalukyas.
- 900 AD – Ammaraja I (922–929), the Vengi Chalukyan King had ruled the region. It was referred to as Garthapuri.
- 1180 AD – "Andhra Kurukshetra" took place, famous battle of Pallava Nadu which is enshrined in legend and literature.
- 1300 AD – Guntur was mentioned as the native place of his forefathers by the famous poet Sri Thikkana Somayaji who co-authored the Telugu Mahabharatham.
- 1509 AD – The famous Tenali Ramalinga joined the club of Astadiggajas (Elite Team for Administration, Literature, Poetry) in the Vijayanagara empire.
17th century to present :
- 1687 – Guntur became part of the Mughal empire when the emperor Aurangzeb conquered the Qutb Shahi sultanate of Golconda.
- 1750 – French occupied and took control of the region.
- 1780 – Battle of Guntur (involved areas ranging from Mysore toGuntur) took place, where rockets were first used by Indian troops against the British Army.
- 1788 – Guntur was brought under control of the British East India Company, and became a district of Madras Presidency.
- 1868 – Helium was discovered in Guntur City by French astronomer Pierre Janssen during theAugust 18th solar eclipse.
- 1885 – A higher education institution was established at Guntur, called Andhra-Christian College(AC College).
- 1899 – On 6 April, Gandhiji held a public meeting at Guntur City on the India's independence movement, with local freedom fighers such as Pattabhi Sitaramayya and Konda Venkatappayya. They marched up to Bapatla.
- 1912 – A family from Guntur who are the only Indian Family,travelled in the Titanic on the way to United States and survived from the sinking accident.
- 1922 – Civil disobedience movement (part of regaining India's independence) took place in Guntur City organised by Tanguturi Prakasam Pantulu with 30,000 volunteers.
- 1936 – India's first Central Tobacco Research Institute started in Guntur.
- 1946 – The city's first Medical College campus (Guntur Medical College) was established.
- 1947 – India regained independence from Britain.
- 1952 – Guntur residents elected their first MP, Sistla Narasimharao.
- 1953 – Guntur region played a major role in the formation of new Andhra Pradesh; T.Prakasambecame the Head of the State.
- 1954 – The State High Court was established in Guntur on 5 July 1954.
- 1964 – Loyola Public School, one of the largest schools in Andhra Pradesh, was established in Nallapadu.
- 1967 – Andhra University Guntur Campus was established in Nallapadu.
- 1976 – Acharya Nagarjuna University was created, with the main campus on the east side of the city.
- 1985 – The city's first Engineering/Technology college campus (RVR & JC College of Engineering) opened.
- 1992 – Conjoined twins were successfully separated at Guntur General Hospital.
- 1995 – Guntur municipality became Municipal corporation of Guntur in August.
- 2003 – Guntur division became the region's Railway Divisional headquarters under Indian Railways.
- 2004 – To ease the traffic at Guntur station, New Guntur transit point started renaming old Reddipalem station as an alternate route and a by-pass to northern India.
- 2006 – The 30th Kalachakra International Festival took place at Amaravathi near Guntur.
- 2006 – On 4 October, a rare natural phenomenon occurred in Guntur when the sky over the city's skyline illuminated a pink-orange hue.
- 2009 – On 9 February, Vignan University has been established to become the first private university in the region.
- 2009 – On 3 September, K.Rosaiah of Guntur region became the CM of AP after the death ofRajasekhar Reddy .
Great Things About Guntur :
i) Garlapati Tenali Ramakrishna ( తెనాలి రామకృష్ణ), popularly known as Tenali Rama andVikata Kavi, was a court-poet of the Vijayanagara Empire in the 16th century. He was one of the Astadiggaja who belonged to the court of Andhra Bhoja Sri Krishna Devaraya in Vijayanagar.
ii) Rayaprolu Subbarao ( రాయప్రోలు సుబ్బారావు( BAPATLA ); b: 1892 - d: 1984) is one of the pioneers of modern Telugu literature.He is known as Abhinava Nannaya. He was recipient of Sahitya Akademi Award to Telugu Writers for his poetic work Misra Manjari in 1965
2. Four out of 16 Andhra Pradesh Chief Ministers.
i).Kasu Brahmananda Reddy From : 21 Feb 1964 To: 30 Sep 1971
ii).Bhavanam Venkatarami Reddy From : 24 Feb 1982 To: 20 Sep 1982
iii).Nadendla Bhaskara Rao From : 16 Aug 1984 To: 16 Sep 1984
iv).Konijeti Rosaiah From : 03 Sep 2009 To: 24 Nov 2010
3.Two Governor 's:
i) Kona Prabhakar Rao - Maharashtra From 31 May 1985 To: 2nd Apr 1986
ii) Konijeti Rosaiah Present
4. Yelavarthy Nayudamma :
Nayudamma was born in an agricultural family at Yelavarru village near Tenali (Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh state in India.).He served as the Director General of CSIR, New Delhi and also as the 4th Vice-Chancellor of the prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi from 12 June 1981 to 27 October 1982.
5.Guntur is a mother of Telugu Cinema Industry:
As I mentioned earlier Guntur is mother of Telugu cine industry( Tollywood). Internationally reputed Actors, Singers and Directors from Guntur. Earlier in Tenali (also known as Andhra Paris) there is big stage drama company known as "SURABHI". Here is the Legendary stars...
Actors - Male :
a). Chittor Nagayya: Nagaiah was born on 28 March 1904 in Repalle,Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh.
b).Gummadi VenkateswaRao: Born at Ravikampadu of Guntur district on 9 July 1927.
c).Kongara Jaggayya: known as "Kanchu Kantam" Jaggayya , born in Morampudi village near Tenali Guntur.
d).Super Star: Krishna : No need to introduce him,born at Burripalem,Tenali, Guntur, India
e).Super Star: Mahesh Babu
f).AVS : Tenali
g).Writer Chinni Krishna.
h).P.L Narayana (Bapatla)
i).Producer : Ganesh Babu (Ponnur)j).RadhaKrishna Jagarlamudi -- Gamyam,Vedam,Krishnam Vande Jagatgurum
a). Kanchanamala: She was the first glamorous film personality during those early days of Telugu cinema, Tenali.
c).Jamuna : She acted in 198 films in Telugu , grew up in Duggirala, Guntur District in A P.
d).Urvashi Sharada: was born Saraswati Devi in Tenali, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India
a).Kasinadhuni Vishwanath: Well known director was born in Peddapulivarru, near Repalle in Guntur District.
b).Aluri Chakrapani: Popular writer and director of South Indian films, founder of Chandamama,born in Itanagar village near Tenali, Guntur
c).Boyapati Sreenu: was born in Kakani village, Guntur District.
d).Posani Krishna Murali: was born in Kakani village, Guntur District.
a).S. Janaki :won 4 National Film Awards & 31 different State Awardswas born in Pallapatla, Repalle ,in Guntur.
b). Sunitha : won 7 nandi awards,was born in Guntur.
a). VVS Lakshman-- near pedanandhipadu Guntur , his wife sailaja also from Guntur .
b).M.S.K Prasad -- Born in Guntur.
c). Gutta Jwala: Her father Kranthi Gutta from Guntur.
d).Ambati Rayudu: from ponnur ,Guntur District.
Company : Adigos soft technologies Pvt Ltd.(Bapatla).
Great to see a Software Company started in Bapatla. I felt happy and my question for all educated and well moralised and as well setteled in foreign countries , Can anyone have you ever think that we can serve our mother land. Once know the background of Mani, from poor family and with great commitment towards mother land.
Mani you are inspiration for coming generation......
company: Just Wings.....
Major Towns in Guntur:
Mangalagiri, Sattenapalli,Macherla,Ponnur,Repalle,Nizampatnam and Bapatla.
The temple is one of the famous Pancharamas. Amaravati, also known as Dhanyakataka/Dharanikota was the site of a great Buddhist Stupa built in pre-Mauryan times
The original name of Bhattiprolu was Pratipalapura, a flourishing Buddhist town in the ancient Sala kingdom that predated Andhra Satavahanas. From available inscriptional evidence, King Kuberaka was ruling over Bhattiprolu around 230 BC. Bhattiprolu is well known for its Buddha stupa (Vikramarka kota dibba)
Located 10 Miles South of Guntur city, Chebrole is famous for chaturmukha Brahma and Lord Nageswara Swamy. Has a beautiful red stone Nandi.
Mangalagiri is famous for its temple of Lord ( Panakala )Lakshmi Narasimha swamy. The hill used to be an active volcano. It is at an altitude of 30 meters above the sea level.
e).Kotappakonda,Kwari(nara koduru), Govada Tirunala: Famous for Maha Sivartri ustavam National Wide.
This historic town is famous for two temples, Sri Sakshi Bhavanarayana Swamy Temple,Anjaneya Swamy Temple and Sri Sahasralingeswara Swamy Temple. Sakshi Bhavanarayanaswamy Temple has a story relating that Lord Vishnu has come from Kasi to this place to prove that one of his devotees is innocent.Hence, Ponnuru is also called 'Chinna Kasi'
Bapatla, formerly known as Bhavapuri, and famous for .....
i).Bapatla is a Educational Hub including BEC,Bapatla Agricultural College, BCAS( where i did my Graduation), 5 inter colleges, polytechnic college,Food Science Technology,Veda Pathasala,ITI college
ii).Bhavannarayana Swamy Temple: Located in the heart of the town, is one of the oldest temples of Andhra Pradesh. It was constructed by the great king Kimikantha Chola in 1465 and was renovated by Raja (King) Vasireddi Venkatadrinaidu of Amaravathi kingdom in 1856.
iii).The Indian Air Force: has an emergency air-base located in a village near to Bapatla, calledSuryalanka.The Air-base is located on the shore of the ocean (Bay of bengal) and so, it is often used to do the missile launch test in to the Ocean.
iv).Suryalanka Beach: is located 9 km from Bapatla in Guntur District of Andhra Pradesh. It is located 50 km south of Guntur City. Also known as the Bapatla Beach, it draws a large number of visitors on weekends and holidays.
I am proud to be a Gunturian .